the board and material delivery (condition)
- Burned edges, beveled edges, soft and not bound with the paper.
- this needs to be cut open and vacuumed out as in the photo then filled with compound.
- cupping, back side of the sheet edge is dished or concave preventing the board from screwing down to the surface of the stud properly and will cause screw pops.
- can be prevented by gluing between the sheet and the stud to bridge the gap preventing the screw popping from occuring
- fracturing, the butt end of the sheet is delaminating and will cause seams to show in the finished wall